The UK Design Forum (UKDF) promotes networking between people involved in electronics design, where electronics design has the broadest meaning. Participants at our activities come from industrial organisations, universities and research councils. UKDF 2018 will be 16th and 17th May 2018 at Chancellors Hotel in Manchester.
Members of the electronic design community, like you, run UKDF and organise its activities. Our main activity is an annual 24-hour workshop that brings all of us together. We believe that the UKDF workshop succeeds because it is different; it is highly informal, and - dare we say it in these straitened times - entertaining. For details about other past workshops, please use the Workshops menu entry at the top of this page.
- Andrew Brown Introduction and welcome
- Alun Vaughn Keynote Talk: From Tesla to Hydrogen - Squaring the energy circle
- Dirk Koch FPGAs for clouds
- Amit Singh Multi-core heterogeneity exploration
- David Thomas Molecular dynamics on event-driven hardware
- Chong Li Seeing through the invisible
- Sidharth Maheshwari OpenCL-based genome assembly acceleration
- Ian Phillips You always thought I was strange ...
- Tim Drysdale Remote electronics practical work
- Issa Qiqieh Energy-efficient approximate multiplier design for emerging applications
- Daniele Rossi The benefits of old age (for transistors)
- Simon Moore Panic! I/O is broken
- Roger Woods eFutures - to infinity and beyond
- Demo introductions
- Gregory Auton Invited Talk: Graphene